Owner Association Rules
- Ownership 101
- Annual Dues
- My Massanutten Newsletter
- Owner Gold Card Discounts
- How To Videos
- Occupancy Based Resort Fee
- Owner Key Release Policy
- Condo Units Info
- Owner Association Rules
- Resort Rules
- Loan FAQ
- Travel Insurance
- RCI Partnership
- Affinity Rewards
- Ownership Contact Info
- Massanutten Contact Info
- Mountainside Villas®
Rules and Regulations
EAGLE TRACE OWNERS ASSOCIATION
WOODSTONE TIME-SHARE OWNERS ASSOCIATION
THE SUMMIT AT MASSANUTTEN OWNERS ASSOCIATION
SHENANDOAH VILLAS OWNERS ASSOCIATION
REGAL VISTAS AT MASSANUTTEN OWNERS ASSOCIATION
These rules and regulations are duly adopted as the Rules and Regulations of each Owners Associations identified above (“Association”) at the Annual Meeting of its Board of Directors dated November 12, 2019.
NOTE: Capitalized terms used throughout these Rules without definition shall have the same meanings specified in the Time-Share Instrument.
1. Each Owner shall be held responsible for the actions of his co-owner(s), family members, invitees or renters (collectively “Guests”) under these Rules and Regulations. Persons who check-in to a Time-Share Unit (“Unit”) under an exchange program are treated as an Owner, and are responsible not only for their own actions, but for the actions of their Guests. The term “occupant” as used herein refers to all Owners and Guests occupying or visiting a Unit.
2. Occupants shall keep their Time-Share Unit clean and in good condition.
3. Time-Share Units and Buildings are smoke-free. Smoking is only permitted outdoors and on balconies. This policy helps curb rising cleaning and maintenance costs, protects and extends the useful life of furnishings, and keeps interior spaces smoke-free for all guests. A Monetary Penalty of $250.00 will be assessed for each violation.
4. No occupant may violate any local, state or federal law, ordinance, regulation, statute, rule, or other restriction or requirement.
5. All Rules and Regulations of Massanutten Resort, now in effect or as amended from time to time, and all signage and notices requiring or restricting activity are incorporated herein by reference. The violation of any such rule of Massanutten Resort shall be deemed a violation hereof. The rules of Massanutten Resort are published at www.massresort.com/rules.
6. Any act prohibited by these Rules shall be deemed a Prohibited Act under the Time-share Instrument (“Instrument”).
7. Noise audible outside of a Unit is prohibited from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. No occupant shall disturb or permit to be disturbed any other occupant’s quiet enjoyment of a Unit or of the Project. Nor may an occupant interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of any other Owner or Guest.
8. No occupant may (1) permit or utter or create any statement, sound or noise; (2) present or display any image, gesture, symbol, or conduct; (3) emit or generate any smell or odor; (4) intentionally touch or batter or assault another person; or (5) take any other action, with the effect or intent of causing harm, fear, anger, or offense in a Time-Share Unit, Common Area or within real property of Association, Managing Agent, Developer, or related entities (“Resort Properties”).
9. The Common Elements, including without limitation, the common areas, roads and walkways in the Project shall not be obstructed nor shall any occupant interfere with the right of any other person to use the Project. No bicycles, scooters, baby carriages, or similar vehicles, or toys or other personal articles shall be allowed to stand or remain in any Common Element.
10. “Service Animals” as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are accommodated at the Resort. ADA service animals are dogs or miniature horses that are “individually trained to do work or perform a task for a person with a disability.” Service animals are working animals, not pets. “The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.” https://www.ada.gov Service animals may be identified at check-in. Questions regarding service animals, pets and boarding options may be directed to (540) 289-4908 ext. 2. If you are not sure if you have a service animal, please call this number prior to your visit.
11. Massanutten Resort has a “No Pet” Policy. No pets shall be allowed in the Resort or the Project (including dogs, cats or other animals). “Emotional Support Animals” and “Comfort Animals” are not service animals under the ADA. A fine of up to $500 per day may be assessed by the Association for a violation of the no pet policy. In addition, charges may be assessed to clean, repair, treat (for fleas or other pests), and restore Unit(s) and common areas damaged by your animal in the Resort or the Project.
12. No drugs or controlled substances may be possessed within the Project or Resort without a doctor’s prescription. Public intoxication by alcohol or other controlled substance is strictly prohibited.
13. No weapons of any kind are authorized in common areas or public facilities on Resort Property. Guests with concealed firearms permits are to place firearm in their locked vehicle. Occupants in possession of a weapon for hunting must have a current hunting license and nearby property owner’s permission to hunt. Weapons intended for hunting must be registered with Resort Security.
14. No occupant shall use or permit in a Unit any inflammable oils or fluids such as gasoline, kerosene, naphtha, or benzene, or other explosives or articles deemed extra hazardous to life, limb, or property.
15. No damage to a Unit, common area, or other real or personal property of Association, Managing Agent, Developer, or related entities (“Resort Properties”) shall be caused by any act or omission of an occupant. All costs of restoring a Unit, Common Area or Resort Property to its condition prior to occupancy or use, including all cleaning beyond normal wear and tear, repair or replacement of property, painting, disinfection, fumigation or other sanitizing shall be charged to and paid by the Owner responsible for the damage.
16. No Unit or other improvement within the Project shall be decorated by an occupant.
17. No occupant is allowed to put his name on the Unit or the Project or in any way deface the same.
18. Water shall not be left running for any unreasonable or unnecessary length of time. Electricity shall not be wasted. Ovens and stoves may not be left on and unattended.
19. No occupant may use any parking space or area in an unauthorized manner. Assigned parking shall be respected in every respect.
20. Unmanned aerial drone use by any person or entity is prohibited without prior written approval of Massanutten Resort. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 289-4054.
21. Time-Share Units are restricted to personal use for vacation and recreation lodging only by Owner and Owner’s authorized Guests; commercial use of units for monetary or other consideration is strictly prohibited.
22. Within Massanutten Resort, Owners and Guests are prohibited from attempting to sell or market goods or services including time-share estates and tickets to amenities. All soliciting, door to door sales, flyers and pamphlets by Owners and Guests is strictly prohibited, nor may sales activity be conducted within units. Violations of this Rule shall be deemed “trespassing” which is prosecutable under Virginia Code § 18.2-119
MONETARY PENALTIES, SUSPENSIONS AND OTHER DISCIPLINE FOR ASSOCIATION
23. An Owner or Guest responsible for a Prohibited Act or other violation of these Rules and Regulations shall be responsible for all costs incurred by Association or its Managing Agent in the correction of a violation or other enforcement or exercise of the Association’s rights, including without limitation, all costs of Managing Agent security personnel, other Managing Agent labor, material expenses, accommodations for occupants of Units, attorney’s fees, and court costs.
24. As discipline for Prohibited Acts, Association may remove persons from a Time-Share Unit, from the Resort or any Resort Facility, impose a Monetary Penalty, or may suspend an Owner’s rights with respect to the use and enjoyment of Time-Share Units and the Time-share Project.
25. Association procedures for imposing a monetary penalty or suspension of a Time-share Estate Owner's rights and privileges in the Time-share Estate Program or Project for failure to comply with provisions of the Instrument, these rules and regulations, or the rules of the Resort are found in the Instrument.
26. No owner or guest shall take possession of a Unit until their specified check-in time unless there is availability after pre-registration. No Owner or Guest shall continue to occupy his Time-Share Unit later than 10:00 a.m. on the day the Week ends, or other final day of occupancy determined at the time of Confirmation of a Reservation Request. The foregoing shall be for the purpose of enabling Managing Agent to perform necessary housekeeping and maintenance procedures. Occupants for two or more consecutive Weeks shall allow Managing Agent to perform necessary housekeeping and maintenance at such times as Managing Agent shall prescribe from time to time.
27. Permanent identification cards may be issued to Owners of a Time-share Estate who purchase their Week from Great Eastern Resort Corp. and to dependents claimed on their Federal tax returns, provided the number of cards may not exceed the maximum occupancy of Unit Week owned. Identification card should be validated each year after the annual maintenance fee/assessment is paid in full. Once validated, the card allows Owner to utilize the facilities and obtain appropriate discounts.
28. The Association requires timely payment of assessments, which are essential for the operation of the Program and Project, and enable it to serve your vacation needs. To this end:
a. Owners of Weeks 1 through 26 (and owners of floating weeks) are invoiced in the middle of November each year for the annual assessment due January 1st of each and every year.
b. Owners of weeks 27 through 52 are invoiced in the middle of May each year for the annual assessment due July 1st of each and every year.
c. If full payment is not received by the last business day of the month payment is due, a $25 late charge is assessed and finance charges shall begin to accrue at a rate of 1.5% per month on any unpaid balance. Further, if full payment is not received or an arrangement for payments is not agreed to by Association within seventy-five (75) days of the due date, the account will be turned over to an outside collection agency where an additional approximately 33% in collection charges is assessed and payable by the delinquent Owner.
d. No Reservation Request will be Confirmed or assigned a Unit while an outstanding balance exists.
29. Request your Reservation as early as possible. Reservations must be made no later than 30 days prior to the start date of your Week of occupancy. Failure to do so could result in loss of use of the Week for the year.
30. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, you should notify the Managing Agent at the time you submit your Reservation Request. Requests for accommodations received for the first time at check-in will be processed, but may not be granted if the accommodation is no longer available. Note that less than thirty (30) days prior to the Week of occupancy, the Program is permitted to release Units with accessibility features to the general public.
31. Managing Agent and any contractor or workmen authorized by Managing Agent may enter into any Time-Share Unit at any reasonable hour of the day for any purpose permitted under the terms of these Rules, the Instrument or Managing Agent’s Management Agreement. Except in case of emergency, entry will be made by pre-arrangement with the Owner or Guest, if possible.
32. Complaints regarding management of the Time-share Program and Project shall be made in writing to Managing Agent. All complaints shall be treated as confidential.
33. Any consent or approval given under these Rules by Managing Agent shall be revocable at any time.
34. These Rules may be added to, repealed, or amended at any time. The date of these Rules will be indicated herein.
35. Resort fees apply.
Approved November 12, 2019