Hello {{$root.user.FullNameFirstNameFirst}}  |  Logout

Billboard  >  FAQ

New Process For Owner Ticket Access


How do I update my ownership info?
Change of Address - Please e-mail current information along with previous information to ownersassoc@massresort.com.
Name Change - Changes of name due to marriage, divorce, name change order - please provide us with a copy of the legal document showing the name change. For instance, if you have married, please send us a copy of your marriage license. If you have divorced, please send us a copy of divorce decree showing the name change. If you have legally changed your name, please send us a copy of your name change order.
Change of Ownership - Please provide us with a copy of your recorded deed (recorded in the Rockingham County Clerk's Office in Harrisonburg, Virginia) showing the change in ownership along with the appropriate transfer fee. If you need assistance with the transfer of your property - whether selling your property, adding someone to the ownership, or removing someone from the ownership - please contact Clark and Bradshaw at (540) 433-2601 or in writing at Post Office Box 71, Harrisonburg, VA 22803. The names on the ownership can only be changed with a new recorded deed. If the deed does not contain all of the appropriate information, the owners association will reject the deed and cannot change the ownership records.


How do I receive my gold card photo ID?
Massanutten Gold Card Owners - You must have your Gold Card to receive discounts. You must show your current Gold Card photo ID card to receive discounts and to access the Woodstone and Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club recreation areas. By requiring Gold Card Owners to have and to show ID, Massanutten protects the investment you have in your vacation experience.
Gold Card Holders are eligible for a new card every five years at no cost. Any cards within a five-year time-period would have a fee. During each five-year period, you may update your cards with a current year sticker at the Front Desk or ID Center. Children between the ages of 6-18 are eligible for a new card every two years due to the constant change in appearance during that time. To receive your Gold Card, please stop by the ID Center at Massanutten Station building or the ID Center in the North Lobby.
If you have not received or have misplaced your permanent Gold Card photo ID, the red temporary ID(s) given at check-in are valid for 48 hours only. To continue receiving discounts, you must get a Gold Card photo ID from the ID Center within that 48-hour time frame. You will be unable to enter any of our private Resort facilities and will be ineligible for Gold Card discounts after that time.
Persons Visiting Through RCI (including visiting/renting Massanutten Owners) will automatically receive a recreation pass allowing access to our private Resort-owned pools and recreation areas.
Mountainside Owners - Please go to the Mountainside Welcome Center for your photo ID. Photos for IDs are taken Monday through Thursday, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m., and Fridays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Hours may vary by season.
Resort Guests & All Non-Gold Card Owners - If you are not a Gold Card Owner and would like to know more about our resort and how you can qualify for Gold Card discounts, please call extension 5406.


How do I ship medical equipment to the resort for my stay?
If you are planning to ship medical equipment (ex. oxygen, dialysis, etc.) to the resort, you must coordinate shipping with your medical equipment provider. Massanutten Resort® cannot accept equipment deliveries prior to the date of your arrival. You must also make prior arrangements through your provider to pick up the equipment from your unit no later than 10am on the date of your check-out. The resort is not responsible for the safekeeping of the equipment or any damages incurred. Penalty fees may be applied to your account if the equipment is delivered prior to your check-in date or not picked-up by 10am of your check-out date. Please call Massanutten Resort® Security with any questions at (540) 289-4054.


How do I give permission for my friends (son, daughter etc.) to use my timeshare unit in my absence?
We would be happy to welcome your guest in your absence (even if you are coming later) as long as we have written, signed authorization to do so prior to their arrival and they are 21 years of age or older. You can come up with a simple note that includes their name, the date of arrival, a reservation number (if you have it) and a phone number for you in case we have any questions. Don’t forget that it must be signed to be valid. A note can be faxed (540-289-9599), sent via USPS (Reservations, Massanutten Resort, P.O.Box 1227, Harrisonburg, VA 22801) or scanned (or photographed) and emailed to reservations@massresort.com. We also have a form that we can email to you if you prefer – request that via email at the above referenced email address.


I want to spacebank my time. Should I contact RCI or my reservations department first?
Always contact your reservations department first to be sure that your fees are up to date and that you have all the information you need to spacebank successfully on the first try.


How do I pay my maintenance fee/annual assessment early when I haven't received a bill?
Please refer to the Unit Information page for the most current amount. You can also contact us at 540.289.4904 (option 2). If the upcoming year's fee has not yet been determined, simply pay the amount of last year's fee. If there is an increase we will bill you later for that increase. If an increase does occur and you have already received your reservation - your reservation is not changed, unless you fail to pay the increase amount when it is due.


I own at Summit or Eagle Trace and, even though it is May 2013, I am calling now to get my week assigned for 2013 - how could Summit be totally booked?
Your ownership states that you purchased the right to request a week's vacation on a space-available basis. During the first 5 months of the year we have a lot of units go unrequested. Each unit that stands empty represents an owner who called too late. To avoid this situation always call before the end of January each year - the earlier the better in fact!


I own at Summit, I pay my fee every year in January and can never get a summer week - what can I do differently next year?
Owners can pay their fee up to two years in advance and many do just that in order to be the first to request holiday or summer weeks. By the time the maintenance fee bill for next year's usage is sent in mid-November of the current year, the summer space for the next year is already booked. You need to pay the fee and request your summer week by summer of the year before.


I own at Eagle Trace on the hill but last year I got assigned a unit in the valley - Why?
If you own at Eagle Trace you own at both locations. You are certainly allowed to limit yourself to hill units by only accepting a unit number of between 176 and 253. Keep in mind that the hill units are the first to book up for each week. If a hill unit is what you really want, you may need to call earlier. To ensure your having a unit up on the hill - make sure that you have a Saturday-to-Saturday unit numbered between 176 and 253.


I want to let a friend use my week. Can I give him/her my confirmation and send them up?
NO. You must let the resort know, in writing, in advance of your friend's arrival. The notification must include your signature.


I have two reservations through RCI to arrive on the same date. How can I be sure the units are together?
If you contact our Reservations office prior to your arrival, they will work with you, based on availability. You may contact reservations by calling at 540.289.4904 (option 2) Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm or email reservations@massresort.com anytime. This also applies if you are planning to visit for two or more weeks.


I have reservations through RCI for two consecutive weeks but for two different units. Can I stay in one unit for the two weeks?
We do our best to allow you to stay in the same unit for two weeks. This is handled on a case-by-case basis. You will need to contact the resort's reservation manager at 540.289.4904 (option 2) or reservations@massresort.com.


How do I find out how much a Massanutten timeshare is really worth?
Since a timeshare is a vacation property, the value does not increase or decrease. Therefore, the price that you paid for the property is how much the property is worth.


How can I find information about selling my timeshare?
The resort does not offer a resale program. Therefore, in order to sell a property you would need to do so on your own by contacting a real estate agency, a resale company or putting an advertisement on the Internet or newspaper. We have found that many people have been able to sell their property through word-of-mouth to friends, relatives, business associates or acquaintances.


Where do I get my permanent Gold Card photo ID?
Gold Card IDs are made at the ID Center at Massanutten Station & the ID Center in the North Lobby.


Do I need my Gold Card to receive discounts and enter the recreation areas?
YES - You must carry your valid Gold Card with you in order to receive Gold Card discounts and to enter any of the recreation areas.
Non Gold Card overnight owners and other overnight guests will receive a rec pass at check-in to enter our recreation areas.

Login Marketing Footer