- Ownership 101
- Annual Dues
- My Massanutten Newsletter
- Owner Gold Card Discounts
- How To Videos
- Occupancy Based Resort Fee
- Owner Key Release Policy
- Condo Units Info
- Owner Association Rules
- Resort Rules
- Loan FAQ
- Travel Insurance
- RCI Partnership
- Affinity Rewards
- Ownership Contact Info
- Massanutten Contact Info
- Mountainside Villas®
As more and more states are facing budgetary shortfalls, the timeshare industry has become a prime target for federal, state and local lawmakers searching for ways to raise revenue. Fortunately, on behalf of owners, the American Resort Development Association’s Resort Owners’ Coalition (ARDA-ROC) works to protect your interests, each and every day. But they can’t do it without your continued support, so we hope you will join the Coalition that represents the economic interests of owners in state capitals all across the country and in Washington, D.C.
Established in 1969, ARDA is a Washington D.C.-based industry trade association that represents the resort industry through lobbying, consumer advocacy and the unique owners’ coalition, ARDA-ROC. Over the past 30 years, ARDA-ROC has worked tirelessly to preserve, protect and enhance vacation ownership through legislative representation at all levels of government.
ARDA-ROC membership is comprised of more than 1.6 million timeshare owners and is funded solely through the voluntary contributions of owners like yourself. These funds collected by your homeowners’ enable owners across the country to join together and gain collectively what they are unable to achieve on their own. With unity comes strength!
ARDA-ROC revenues are dedicated to engaging attorneys and government affairs professionals to represent timeshare owners’ interests in city halls, state legislatures and in Congress. ARDA-ROC:
- Supports strong timeshare rental, resale and transfer consumer protection laws, which protect owners by holding companies who use deceptive business practices accountable for their actions.
- Continues to defend against potential onerous timeshare tax legislation for owners all across the country.
- Supports non-judicial foreclosure legislation which enables both owners and homeowners’ associations to save time and money, should the need arise.
- Works to protect your privacy to ensure your personal information is not shared with third parties for commercial purposes, unwanted solicitation or fraudulent activity.
- Additionally, the funds support studies and research conducted through ARDA’s International Foundation to support ARDA-ROC’s legislative positions.
To learn more about what legislative initiatives ARDA-ROC is actively engaged in and/or monitoring in your state, visit www.arda-roc.org. You can also sign up for free email alerts and consumer advisories. Becoming engaged in defending your rights as an owner has never been easier thanks to this online platform where owners from around the country can unite against any perilous legislation.
To help ARDA-ROC continue to protect owners, it is encouraged that Owners voluntarily contribute $3.00 to ARDA-ROC along with your annual assessment.